- Home – Generess® Fe is the birth control pill that gives back. Generess Fe is the low-dose Pill that prevents pregnancy1 and helps women in need. For every prescription filled, you can donate $5 worth of coins to the participating women's charity you choose.* Now every month, you can do something for yourself…and another woman
About Generess Fe – Generess Fe is a low-dose birth control pill that gives women short, lighter, predictable periods.† And, it's highly effective at preventing pregnancy1,2
- Generess Fe is a chewable, 24/4 oral contraceptive
- Women taking Generess Fe had a low rate of spotting between periods2
- After the first few months, the frequency of spotting decreased2
- Generess Fe contains 2 female hormones: an estrogen called ethinyl estradiol and a progestin called norethindrone1
- Starting Generess Fe – When used as directed, Generess Fe is highly effective at preventing pregnancy and can give you short, lighter, predictable periods.1,2,† Learn more about how to take and when to start Generess Fe, depending on your previous method of birth control (another pill, patch, ring, etc). You can also find information about what to do if you miss any pills
- About Breakthrough Bleeding – Breakthrough bleeding or spotting are often used to describe vaginal bleeding that happens between periods. This is a common problem when starting a new birth control pill that usually goes away after the first few months.2,6 Generess Fe offers women the confidence of low breakthrough bleeding.2
Changing to Generess Fe – Generess Fe contains a unique combination of hormones that your doctor knows and trusts. A low-dose birth control pill, Generess Fe gives women short, lighter, predictable periods.† And, it's highly effective at preventing pregnancy. Plus, when you switch to Generess Fe for your monthly birth control, you can do something for yourself… and another woman. For every prescription filled, you can donate $5 worth of coins to the participating women's charity you choose.‡
- Generess Fe Request Card – Talking to your doctor about switching to Generess Fe is easy. Just print out the Generess Fe Request Card and give it to your doctor at your next appointment to help get the conversation going.
- Generess Fe Education Kit – If you're ready to learn more about Generess Fe, get more information by mail in a cute, compact, reusable bag.
Generess Insider – Become a Generess Insider by taking advantage of the fabulous tools and resources Generess Fe has to offer! We'll help you keep track of your body and your birth control. Check it all out below:
- Membership & savings card – With the Generess Fe savings card, you'll pay no more than $25 for prescriptions.‡ And, for every Generess Fe prescription you fill, you can donate $5 worth of coins to the participating women's charity you choose*
- Body Tracker Tool – Perfect for women who are always on the go! Track your periods and other health information with the Generess Fe body tracker available for the iPhone!
- Reminders – Remembering to take your pill every day is important. You can stay on top of it all with these handy reminders
- Chatting With Your Doc – Be prepared for your next visit. If you'd like to ask your doctor about birth control options or a prescription for Generess Fe, use our printable tool to help make sure you remember all your important questions
- iPhone App – Get the Generess Fe iPhone app for access to the same great reminder tools, body tracker, and more, all right on your phone. Plus, you can earn more for the I Am Generess charities while using the app
- Generess Insider Newsletter – Be in the know with all things Generess Fe. Stay up-to-date on new resources, programs, and health tips.
- I Am Generess Program – You can do more when you choose Generess Fe for birth control because it's a low-dose birth control pill that's highly effective at preventing pregnancy1 and all about helping women in need. Be a part of the Generess Fe movement where every prescription filled equals a $5 donation to a participating women's charity of your choice.* And, with your savings card, you'll pay no more than $25 for each Generess Fe prescription‡
- Understanding Birth Control – It's important to understand the reproductive process and your menstrual cycle. Knowing how your body works can help you to choose the method of birth control that's right for you. Use the contraceptive options tool to learn about and compare different types of birth control
- FAQs – Learn more about how you should take Generess Fe for birth control. Even though Generess Fe has been proven to be safe for pregnancy prevention, you can find out about possible side effects by visiting the FAQs1
- Patient Information – This document should be read before you begin taking Generess Fe. Your healthcare provider can help you understand this document, which may contain new information about the birth control pill Generess Fe
- Prescribing Information – This document contains medical information about Generess Fe and is intended for medical professionals
- Tell a Friend – Send an email about this Website to a friend to let him or her know about the Generess Fe birth control pill and the I Am Generess program
- Healthcare Professionals – This Website is intended for healthcare professionals. It contains clinical information about Generess Fe, the birth control pill that gives women short, lighter, predictable periods.1,2,† The site also provides healthcare professionals with information about the I Am Generess program
- I Am Generess – This Website has all of the information you need to learn how to participate in the I Am Generess program
- Legal/Copyright Disclaimer – This is a link to the Watson Pharma, Inc., Website disclaimer
- Terms & Conditions – This is a link to the Terms & Conditions that apply to the I Am Generess program
†For women who had periods, the average intensity of their periods was lighter over time.
‡ This offer is valid only for patients with commercial prescription drug insurance and applies to prescriptions for Generess Fe. Most eligible insured patients will pay the first $25 and receive a benefit of up to $40 per 28-day supply, for up to 12 prescription fills. Patient out-of-pocket expense may vary. Please see full terms and conditions for details.
- 1. Generess® Fe prescribing information. Morristown, NJ: Watson Pharma, Inc. March 2012.
- 2. Data on file. Actavis Pharma, Inc.
- 3. Birth control patient education booklet. The American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. http://www.acog.org/publications/patient_ education/ab020.cfm. Accessed January 28, 2011.
- 4. Menstruation patient education booklet. The American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. http://www.acog.org/publications/patient_ education/bp049.cfm. Accessed April 6, 2011.
- 5. Hatcher RA, Trussell J, Stewart F, et al. Contraceptive Technology. 18th ed. New York, NY: Ardent Media; 2004.
- 6. Birth control pills. Planned Parenthood Web site. http://www.plannedparenthood.org/health-topics/birth-control/birth-control-pill-4228.htm. Accessed January 18, 2013.
Important Safety Information
GENERESS FE is an estrogen/progestin COC indicated for use by women to prevent pregnancy.
You should not use GENERESS FE if you are over 35 and smoke as it increases the risk of having serious heart-related events. You should not use GENERESS FE if you are at high risk of blood clots, if you have abnormal uterine bleeding, breast or liver cancer, liver disease, high blood pressure, or uncontrolled high blood cholesterol. Treatment with GENERESS FE should be stopped if you have a blood clot, and at least 4 weeks before and through 2 weeks after major surgery. You should not take GENERESS FE any earlier than 4 weeks after having a baby and should not take GENERESS FE if you are breastfeeding. If you experience yellowing of the skin due to problems with your liver, you should stop taking GENERESS FE. If you are pre-diabetic or diabetic, your doctor should monitor you while using GENERESS FE, and should evaluate you if you have any significant change in headaches or irregular menstrual bleeding. The most common adverse events associated with the use of GENERESS FE included nausea/vomiting, headaches/migraine, depression/mood complaints, pain with menstrual bleeding, acne, increased weight, breast pain/tenderness and anxiety. GENERESS FE will not protect against HIV infection (AIDS) or other sexually transmitted diseases.
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.